Started in 2003 and incorporated by the State of Colorado as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization under the name of Hope Alliance International in 2005. A group made solely of volunteers, Adopt-a-Village International (AaVI) has focused its humanitarian efforts in South America, specifically in Peru and Ecuador, with future goals of expanding to other areas in need.
We changed our name from Hope Alliance to Adopt-a-Village International, to better reflect what we do. With a motto of “providing a hand up, not a handout” we have been successful in assessing and addressing the needs of communities by:
Working in partnership with various groups to provide the communities with basic need assistance.
Empowering the community through education, job-training, and micro-business development.
Providing medical clinics, trained health workers, medical supplies for existing hospitals and clinics, and new construction in villages.
Our mission is to provide a hand up, not a handout, to break the cycle of poverty in impoverished villages.
We are a nonprofit, nonsectarian, humanitarian, organization that connects resources such as yourself, with opportunities to make a difference.
We partner with leaders in developing countries to provide sustainable improvements that meet basic human needs and improve quality of life, including:
- Medical and dental clinics
- Training for health workers
- Potable water
- Educational and micro-business opportunities
Nearly 10 million children die each year from preventable conditions.
- Participate – Come with us and see the villages, understand the need, meet the people, and experience the joy of giving.
- Donate – Select the donation option that suits your ability to help.
- Learn – Read more about who we are, what we do, and the impacts of our work.
Your contribution will help save lives and we thank you!